According to Kelly blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://according-to-kelly.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

which super hero do you want to be?

My mom’s house is 83 miles away, door to door. On a REALLY good day it takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes, on a bad day it can take 3 hours. Today it was a little in-between… I wasn’t exactly flying down the highway, but I have no big complaints. Gavin, Owen and Gigi were in the back watching “The Incredibles.” Actually, let me rephrase that. Gavin and Gigi were watching the movie, while Owen and I just listened. Just as the LA skyline came into view Owen lost his pacifier and started screaming. What’s a mom to do?
Here I am, approaching downtown LA. Owen is too far away for me to reach into the car seat, find the pacifier, and plug it back in. There was no way I was going to pull to the side of the freeway, and I definitely didn’t feel safe getting off at any of the exits. So, I let him cry it out. But as I drove on, listening to my crying baby, I decided that it would be totally awesome if I were Elastigirl!

In the movie Elastigirl (aka Helen Parr) can handle any task thrown at her – whether it is saving the world, or raising her feisty kids. Her incredible stretching ability can get her out of the tightest of situations. But, more importantly, she has this amazing ability to stay calm, cool and collected while she thinks things through, while saving the day. And she does this all, without a hair out of place! She is confident in herself and her abilities and it shows. Who wouldn’t want to be her?
In the words of Elastigirl “Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don’t think so!”

So… if I’m Elastigirl, does that make Jeff Mr. Incredible?

2 comments:

Travelin'Oma said...

Any mom is a super hero in my book! Elastimom sounds perfect. You could sit on the bench and safe your kid from the slide, you could sit on the bed and put the laundry away...and the whole binky in car situation would be solved. Try it out! Plus you could do the Gynneth Paltrow swan neck look. Success on every level.

mama jo said...

you are a super mom in my book...elastimom is the greatest...i think in case that job doesn't work out, you should teach gigi to put the paci in his mouth...you know, my dream was to be able to beam you kids up to wherever you wanted to go, so i wouldn't have to take you...like in star trek...beam me up, scottie...