According to Kelly blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://according-to-kelly.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

just call me "the modern june"

Lately I've decided that I really need to embrace my domestic diva, and become the "not-so-desperate" housewife I know I am. And what domesticated goddess would be caught without her apron? Most of you could have probably whipped one up from a few scraps of fabric. Not me! I took the easy route and ordered it off the internet. Thanks to Etsy and Annie's Attic I have my own vintage apron. Cute, don't you think?

3 comments:

Amy said...

I just gave Heed a book called "The Apron Book". It tells the history of aprons and has patterns to replicate the cutest vintage ones. During the 60s aprons went out of vogue (like the bra), but now with the hip-mom scene, aprons are back baby! I feel this accessory needs to be donned daily to dress up the monotonous mommy uniform of jeans and t-shirts. Love it!

Leslie said...

love aprons & etsy! i'm about to open my own etsy shop even. it's kind of scary.
if you look at my style blog, linked on my other one, you'll notice we have a ton of matching links. :) we must like the same stuff!

mama jo said...

i'm so glad your generation is being fun...we had to be cool in mine and wouldn't have dared to wear an apron....