According to Kelly blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://according-to-kelly.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, November 19, 2007

so we've established that i'm not cooking...

but what about you? more than likely you've already got the menu planned, done your grocery shopping & are ready for the big celbration. but, maybe you aren't?! are you still searching for that "prefect" recipe? tired of what you normally do & are looking for something new? well, even though i've never actually cooked a thanksgiving celebration, i've definitely got an idea or two...

i really like my no-fuss turkey recipe, but if your looking for something a bit more "hands on" why not give gabi's turkey & sausage stuffing a try? she promises that it's good. another stuffing that looks too good to pass up is pioneer woman's corn bread stuffing, you should really check it out! she also has a recipe for sweet potatoes that she describes as, and i quote "if you think you don’t like sweet potatoes, please—in the name of all that is good, holy, and fattening—give this a try. you’ll kiss yourself on the cheek the rest of your life. at least, you would if that were anatomically possible." with an endorsement like that, you gotta give them a try! hmmm! what else do you serve at thanksgiving? how about some cream cheese mashed potatoes? (i'm getting really hungry just writing this!) maybe some of kelly's creamed corn, the classic green bean casserole, some kid (& adult) friendly brown sugar glazed carrots, a big (& i mean really big, because they will go fast!) basket of lion house dinner rolls (best served with LOTS of honey butter, & one, if not all of lindsey's fabulous salads: mixed greens salad with strawberries and avocado, spinach salad with avocado and orange, or spinach salad with creamy apple poppy seed dressing. and what thanksgiving is complete with a jello pretzel "salad"? although i personally have never made one, they are always yummy. (i found this recipe on the internet. anyone have one that's better?) and finally on to my favorite part of any meal... desert! i'm sure you all have your favorites, but here are some newbies that are definitely worth trying! pumpkin gingerbread trifle & spice cake with coffee toffee crunch.

so what are some of your favorite thanksgiving day recipes?

7 comments:

Jessica said...

I'll be making cheesecake cookies, pumpkin bread, and a cherry pie. I think that stuffing has become my favorite Thanksgiving item though.

Christie said...

Gabi's sausage stuffing is the BEST, I repeat, BEST stuffing recipe ever invented. I would eat that stuff in my sleep, it's so good. (I'd also weigh 400 pounds, but who's counting).

Mumsy said...

I'm making the salad with the poppy seed dressing, crescent rolls with raspberry honey butter, and two kinds of cranberry sauce. Oh, and pie.

But, I'm kind of sad I'm not cooking any of the big players this year. I wait all year for TG, it's my Olympics....

Ashlee said...

I only make salad and dessert for Thanksgiving. THe mom's do the rest! My recipe blog has my favorite recipes for these!
www.burnham-baking.blogspot.com

Pashmina said...

Great...pashmina shawls is the definition of Fashion & style, I too guess this
by visiting WWW.PashMinaInternational.Com, Ya Enjoy your winters with Pashmina !

Travelin'Oma said...

Aunt Julie's pretzel salad is the best. I have tweaked it a little: It has pretzel crumbs mixed with melted butter and a little sugar patted into an oblong pan for a crust. Then dissolve 2 red jellos in 2 cups boiling water. Stir in 1 can crushed pineapple, juice and all, and 1 can cold sprite or seven-up. When it's partially set, pour it over the pretzels. The frosting is made from 1 pkg cream cheese softened, mixed with 1 pkg thawed cool whip. Sweeten with powdered sugar to taste, and add 1 t. vanilla. Whip it all up, and spread it on the jello. It's a winner!!!

jess said...

You can't go wrong with Lindsey's recipes...everything I've tried from her blog has been great!

My food assignments are "vegetables in a cloud" (a recipe I got from my mom) and cream puffs.