According to Kelly blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://according-to-kelly.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

sometimes i'm a bit of a drama queen.

but if you read my blog, i'm sure that statement doesn't really surprise you. although, now i'm a bit embarrassed that i made such a big deal about my bad hair day. seriously, if i had any brains at all, i would have just googled "hot to trim bangs" & up would have popped THIS handy little bang trimming tutorial. although, in all honesty, it might be a while before i give it a go again, i'm starting to think it's something best left to the professionals. i really & truly think i've had enough bad haircuts over the years (most seem to lean towards a really awkward looking bowl cut & one involved a "this color-is-so-not-me" dye job), that i would have already learned this lesson.... but sometimes you just need a little kick in the butt. so, as a note of reminder to my future self, & any of your future selves, check out a few of my "better" haircuts, maybe it'll the aha! moment i need, to prevent myself from picking up the scissors again.



<

13 comments:

Sherry said...

Great timing--this weekend I told my SIL I was thinking of cutting myself some bangs, she said "I would never try that." Of course I took that as a direct challenge. I'm like that, good or bad, I donno. Anyway I plan on using this tutorial. thx!
Also, Twirly called with an estatic message that she loved her necklace. Thanks a mil!

love.boxes said...

I think that I had three or four of those hairdos myself! :)

{B}dreamy said...

Brad thinks your hair in the bottom right corner is awesome. Just so you know. And I think I must have written that tutorial in my sleep! Except I forgot to mention that you shouldn't stare while cutting because you'll get hair in your eyes, which is why the hub is a handy substitute... *B

Ashlee said...

Ah...the beauty of our childhoods... :0)

I have some of these kinds of pictures stashed away as well. Reminders of what NOT to do with my hair. Sigh....

Unknown said...

hilarious.
i think we all could post a good montage of bad hair days of ourselves..

Aranne and Dan said...

Those pictures are so fun... I think ALL girls have had the Bang issue - I KNOW I HAVE. It just comes with being a girl. Another fun life experience we get to have!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

I've had some of those styles. Very funny post

Shannon said...

Ahhh.... sweet! I love little kid pictures.

mama jo said...

but, i loved you in every one of those hairstyles...

Travelin'Oma said...

The 3rd one over looks so much like your mom when she was little. The last one on the 2nd row looks like Heidi when she was little. You are darling in every hairstyle!

Anonymous said...

Is the "unfortunate" haircolor the one on the bottom? I think it looks stunning (you're beautiful anyway...that's what you were fishing for, right? lol). At least in the photo it suits you very well.

And yeah, stop the drama already--

:P

Unknown said...

Pretty sweet hair-doo's! And I liked your hair dark!

Marilee said...

You didn't post a picture of you when you were a teenager. I loved the blunt cut on you so much that I cut mine just like yours. I would love to be brave enough to dye my hair brown too. I won't but I loved yours brown.