According to Kelly blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://according-to-kelly.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, October 10, 2008

any spook-tacular ideas out there?

yesterday i signed up to help with gavin's preschool halloween party. all the easy stuff was taken, so i'm bringing the main dish/ sandwiches. i've been doing some "research" & thinking up some ideas. i may just end up going with basic sandwiches cut into fun halloween shapes using cookies cutters, but i was looking for some new & exciting ideas. here's what i've come up with so far.

bologna pumpkin head
ritz spiders
coffin sandwiches
spooky eyeball tacos
mummy dogs
breadstick bones
witches finger sandwiches
meatball creepy crawlers

anyone out there have any brilliant thoughts or spooky ideas out there? i'm sure i'm not the only one bringing halloween themed sandwiches to school this year! i'd love to hear your ideas.

image via kraft foods.

7 comments:

the mama monster said...

on martha stewart they had a guy who just did an art project where he had 365 days of skull projects. one that they showed was a skull sandwich. it was really cute too! let me see if i can find the link.

jen said...

try parents.com...they always have fun ideas too!

Tonya Staab said...

mmmm, I would go with the cookie cutter sandwiches.

Another thing I do is use the cookie cutter to cut out the cute shape and then top the bread with non-pareils. I've made these for different things and the kids love them.

I made the taco eyeballs a few years ago for halloween. They were super easy.

I have a hotdog fingers on my party planning blog
http://munchkinsandmayhem.blogspot.com

Cordy said...

I tried to make sandwiches with cookie cutters once for my nephew and the bread just totally crumbled EVERY TIME. I don't know what I did wrong. Like how do you mess up a SANDWICH?

Anonymous said...

I did some really cute spider cupcakes for a play Alison was in last year. You can see pictures at http://andthisisus.blogspot.com/2008/03/very-busy-mommy.html. Good luck!

Marilou said...

Coffin Sandwiches
2 slices whole wheat bread
3 slices ham
1 slice cheese
1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
1 lettuce leaf

Cover 1 of the bread slices with ham and cheese slice. Spread with dressing; top with lettuce and bread. Secure with plastic toothpick, if desired.

Cut sandwich into coffin shape using coffin template and sharp knife. For a more durable template, trace the template onto a piece of cardboard and cut out.

Write scary messages on sandwiches with decorating gel, yellow mustard or ketchup.

Tonya Staab said...

Just wanted to let you know that I made these cookie cutter sandwiches today. They were a huge hit for a party we went to. Thought I should let you know seeing as I got the idea from you.
http://munchkinsandmayhem.blogspot.com