According to Kelly blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://according-to-kelly.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

just in case you doubted me...

just in case you thought there was a slight possibility that i was exaggerating just a touch regrading my current mental state - here's some proof. randomly & totally out of the blue, this week i decided i needed to sew a quilt for the baby. mind you, i've already sewn one quilt & several blankets. what i really should be working on is stocking her boudoir with clothes, that she might actually wear. but no, the bee in my bonnet insisted i sew another quilt... i was a little worried that my the other quilt i had made was a bit too girly - because it had purple & pink in it, gasp! so, i thought i needed another, more subtle-ly pink quilt. anyway, long story short - i sewed the quilt. but, when all was said & done, there were two patchwork squares driving me crazy. one square had two pieces of the exact same fabric touching at the corners (yes! just the corners were touching). the other square had two pieces of the exact same fabric separated by only one small square. when i actually thought about it, i knew i was being crazy. hello?! the ENTIRE quilt is patchwork. lots of different fabrics going on there. no one would ever notice, except for me. & yet, all day long, i kept looking at that quilt, letting those two little squares eat me up inside. until finally, i picked up my trusty seam reaper, un-picked my way to those devilish little squares & fixed the problem. when i was done, i really & truly felt like i could breathe again.

believe me now? i'm definitely on the fast-track to the funny farm. hopefully this baby arrives before i make it the entire way.

18 comments:

Letti said...

Your quilt is beautiful. I want to make one for my baby but I have never made one before and I don't know where to start.

bethany said...

Love those fabrics-I have a pack of squares of the same line just waiting to be made into a quilt...it'll have to wait for awhile longer. Very pretty!

I have to say though, I'm not even pregnant and I'm like this...I would have totally ripped those seams out and redone it. What does that say about me?!? :)

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

Ahhh...YES those lovely days when the smallest things drive you INSANE. I'm so glad I'm past those crazy thoughts!! And that quilt is adorable!! Don't do any more changes!!!

Heather said...

that quilt looks really cute. when you have a moment - which probably wont be soon - you should do a small tutorial on quilt making. I would love to make something that cute! anyways, I guess if we don't hear from you in a while we will know where you are - enjoy the farm!

anxiously hopeful said...

That fabric is just wonderful. What line is it from?

kelly said...

the fabrics are some of my favorite. it's a combination of american jane fabrics (by moda). the quilt is made up of some of her recess & wee play line.

Anonymous said...

Kelly! How did you find me? How wonderful to see you. I have thought about you so many times over the years!!! How the heck are you doing?!?!?!!?

Rose said...

It must be that whole "nesting" thing because before my daughter was born last september I was sewing up a storm and just cranking out projects left right and center. now, not so much, so take heart, it WILL slow down lol

mama jo said...

it's looks darling...she will love it because you made it...you should put your feet up for awhile and relax...

The Shabby Princess said...

Well, in any event, the quilt is just beautiful. You are so talented!! I need to learn how to sew!

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

Great wuilt! It is just the hormones...

Tonya Staab said...

Isn't it funny the things you get into your head when you are pregnant that you must do that very moment. I took it upon myself when I was about 7 or maybe 8 months pregnant with the twins to re-do the entire garage, including building shelves and sorting through EVERYTHING including my husbands tools.

Sharlene said...

Nesting always brings out some funny behaviors. I say keep quilting. That was gorgeous!

Julie {Angry Julie Monday} said...

The quilt is awesome. The fabrics are so nice. I wish I could make something like that.

Shannon said...

Sounds like a common mommy-to-be and already mommy to two boys moment! Hang in there. You'll make it!! :)

Shannon said...

Yes, you are about to reach the edge of insanity but you'll love every minute of it. That's what all crazy people tell themselves.

Caitlin said...

Ahh that quilt is so adorable. I love colors and fabric. I have a feeling it will be loved for years to come!

Leslie said...

pretty fabric...i always seem to start another quilt before finishing the one i am already working on