According to Kelly blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://according-to-kelly.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 8, 2007

good mail

So I read a blog the other day that got me thinking about the mail. Not something I usually spend a lot of thought on, but she said some things that really hit home!

"I think that one of the reasons that I love to shop online is because I love getting things in the mail. Who doesn’t? Especially in our age of instant gratification communication (e-mail, crackberry, cell phone cameras, text messages. . .) I appreciate something tangible. Nothing is as good as ripping open a package in the mail and wondering what is inside.
A few months ago I ran across a blog that talked about “good mail.” Kristi explains in a post that a friend of hers started this. It started as a circle of friends that went to college together who would send each other things in the mail. Sometimes it was a book or a cd compilation. Other times the recipient was the beneficiary of a wonderful creation. The point was to send an “I am thinking of you” type package. Soon Good Mail expanded to their friends from various grad schools. Then, as they all moved across the country and settled into life, the circles expanded even more."

So, to make a long story short, I checked out "good mail" for myself... and I think I'm hooked. It just sounds fun. Who doesn't like getting something in the mail, especially something totally unexpected! So, I think I'm going to be joining the "good mail" movement. If you're lucky, you might be one of the recipients!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

      ∧_∧
    /⌒ ̄ ⌒ヽ) ・・・
  / /し /| |
 /     く_| |
(?(_ ___| |_)
 . ̄/∪/  /  >
  _/  / _/ ∠
 (  二( __つ



      ∧_∧
    /⌒ ̄ ⌒ヽ)
  / /し /| |
 /     く_| |
(?(_ ___| |_)
  ̄人.∪/  /  >
  (_.) / _/ ∠
 (__)二( __つ


       ∩    ∧_∧
        \ヽ_(    )
         \_    ノ
  ∩__  _/   /
  L__`ー/ /   / |
     ヽ  | |__/ |
   | ̄ ̄ ̄\    ノ
   | | ̄「~| ̄( 、 A , )
   | |  | |  ∨ ̄∨
   .し'  ..し' .      人
       .        (_.)
.               (__)

            

                 
      .∩    ∧_∧ 
       \ヽ_(    )
         \_   ノ 
 ∩____/∩   /∩
 L___. / /   / | 
     ヽ  | |__/ | 
  | ̄ ̄ ̄\     ノ 
  | | ̄「~| ̄( 、 A , )
  | |  | |  ∨ ̄∨
 . し'  .し'       

         _人
       ノ⌒ 丿
    _/   ::(
   /     :::::\
  (     :::::;;;;;;)
  \_―― ̄ ̄:::::::\
   ノ ̄     :::::::::::)
  (     ::::::::;;;;;;;;ノ
 / ̄――――― ̄ ̄::::::::\
(        ::::::::::::::::::::)
 \__::::::::::::;;;;;;;;;;;;;;ノ


                 
                 
                 
      YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
                 
        へ, --- 、    
     / ̄ ̄ ̄  、____\   
    / _/ ̄「~|\ __ \  
  .| |  | | ( 、 A , \ミソ 
   .し'   し' .と∨ ̄∨   



           l ̄/.  ___
          / /.  / ___ノ
      ' ,' 人/ /_/ /
      ',人⌒ヽ、, '人,ヽ
      Y⌒ヽ)⌒ヽ、 人,ヽ)人'、, '
      ノ ̄     :::::::::::::)
      (     ::::::::::;;;;;;;;ノ
    / ̄――――― ̄ ̄::::::::\
  (        ::::::::::::::::::::)
   \__::::::::::::;;;;;;;;;;;;;;ノ



    / ̄|   ☆
   |  |彡   
   |  |      / ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
  ,―    \    | Good Job! 
| ___)   |      \_____
| ___)   |       ∧_∧ ∨ 
| ___)   |\___(´Д`  )
ヽ__)_/ \___     

anna jo said...

isn't the blogging world so small? this is actually one of my friend's sister, and I had happened upon her blog a month or so ago... I really liked the good mail concept and have been meaning to put it into action. because who doesn't love getting mail?! (I know I do. I looked in our mailbox yesterday and we didn't get anything! not even bills or junk mail! so sad.)

Travelin'Oma said...

Dee loves stamps so he loves to mail things just to use the stamps. It's so fun to get something that's actually addressed in real handwriting. Getting the mail has always been an exciting (though usually disappointing) part of my day.

anna jo said...

good mail strikes again!

thanks for the fun package in my mailbox today--it definitely put a smile on my face and brightened my day! :)

Christie said...

How absolutely adorable are you? Thanks for making my mail day - I'm going to take your fabulous idea and run with it. You, my dear, are a real peach!

kelly said...

I just hope I could brighten your day... now go brighten some one elses!