According to Kelly blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://according-to-kelly.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

in my oven right now!

grandma june's old fashioned rice pudding

6 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 t. nutmeg
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. vanilla
1/4 cup honey
1 cup cream
2 cups milk
3-5 cups cooked rice

mix everything together in a bowl (except rice). after everything is mixed add rice. (i tend to sprinkle extra cinnamon & sugar on top prior to baking.) bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes in a 2 quart casserole. serve warm and top with even more cinnamon & sugar if you like.

we eat this for breakfast, dessert, basically any time.

8 comments:

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

YUM YUM...rice pudding is one of my favorites...I'll have to try it out. Thanks for sharing!

Wendi said...

Hmm. I don't think I've ever had rice pudding before. I think it looks good.

Mumsy said...

My lips are smackin'. We love rice pudding. I've never used cream before. How sinful! I can't wait to make it.

{B}dreamy said...

Oooh, that sounds soooo good right now! Eat an extra helping for me! *B

Natasha said...

I have never used cream before with my rice pudding either - will have to try it. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes treats like this for breakfast!!

Travelin'Oma said...

I was in the newspaper for this recipe! It's the best.

Shaka said...

yum-we love homemade rice pudding-have not made it for a long time though! our recipe is much more basic-just 3 or 4 ingredients. i'll have to try yours.

mama jo said...

my fav...maybe i need to make some