According to Kelly blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://according-to-kelly.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

tea anyone?

ever since i was a little girl i've had a thing for pretty tea cups. there is something so lovely about how delicate & dainty they are. so when i spied THIS clock in country living magazine, it came at no surprise that i wanted it immediately! unfortunately the price tag blew me away. but if i put my thinking cap on, i bet i could figure out a way to make it myself. (super duty craft glue could probably do the trick.) what a fun excuse to go hunting through yard sales & antique shops. i think i'm up to the challenge, are you?

7 comments:

Edirin said...

whooooooa its nice but not that nice, the price is ridiculous, im sure u can do something even better ureself..


some things u might love them but when u find out the price its differnt

Monkey Giggles said...

Oh that is so cute.

Paige said...

You could totally do this! And by doing it yourself you'd have the perfect collection of teacups to match your style. Happy hunting.

Have you seen those infomercials about mighty putty? I want to have some around my house because it seems so useful, it looks like the perfect thing for this project.

Lori said...

I've been eying this clock, too. I've already picked up a few teacup sets. So far I've spent about $10 on 4 cups. I don't think my final price will be even near the suggested retail.

Darilyn said...

Kelly, I love you. I get the best ideas from you. I no longer need to subscribe to any magazines because you fill me in on all the best stuff. I have to have this clock too. And since I've been collecting tea cups for about 15 years I think I can get started. WooHoo!

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

So cute and girly!

Unknown said...

I saw this too and thought that I could make it myself! I am thrifting for cute teacups and saucers!It will look perfect in my craft room!