According to Kelly blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://according-to-kelly.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

cowboy up.

thought i'd take a moment to document one of my more recent adventures in quilting (click on picture to enlarge it). the fabric for this quilt have been sitting in my closet for over a year. luckily, some gals & i threw a cowboy themed baby shower & that was all i needed to get my butt in gear & whip this bad boy up. although, i did experience a few minor set-backs. for example, while cutting my fabric i realized i didn't have enough of the main "cowboy" fabric. fortunately for me, at that exact aha! moment, a girlfriend was visiting of of the fabric meccas of the world. unfortunately though, they didn't have my exact fabric, so i crossed my fingers, said a little prayer, and told her just to pick me up any cowboy fabric that had some red it in. amazingly enough, it all worked out in the end. now, i just have to keep the scissors out of gavin's hands.

22 comments:

Darilyn said...

Adorable Kelly. I'm a huge cowboy/cowgirl fan so I love how you did this.

mama jo said...

that turned out great.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

It looks fab! I'm sure it will be well loved.

Verry Sherry said...

Giddy up! that is too cute.

Jessica said...

Very cute quilt!

Lexi & Josh said...

I love the cowboy quilt!!

marta said...

completely cute, especially for the little cowboys in your house! loving that material!

Aranne and Dan said...

So cute... my dad is a HUGE cowboy fan and if I had a little boy would die for this... Way to go!

Becoming Me said...

That is fantastic Kelly.

LINDSAY said...

Very cute! I'm sure your boys love it :)

love.boxes said...

It's so cute! I love it!

Marilee said...

Red white and Blue along with Cowboys? There is nothing more American than that!

Lacie said...

I have that fabric here and there in my little boys room! He has a westernish room...

I wish I could just whip something up-Ha!

Marie said...

Love this. There is such cute cowboy fabric out there. I have been wanting to make my husband a cowboy quilt, as his nickname growing up was "little cowboy". I love the squares pattern. I seem to keep doing the same ol' patch pattern. I may follow this one!

Kerry said...

gidddddy up

TravelinOma said...

I grew up watching cowboys on TV, and playing cowboys with T. I am glad a new generation is enjoying the genre. Your boys seem made to ride bucking broncos and chase the bad guys off the ranch!

Chelsey said...

Glad I picked a winner! So cute.

Bonnie B. said...

That is adorable. You are so talented!

the mama monster said...

cute!

Marilou said...

I love your quilt!! Nothing more cute than cowboys and little boys.

Natasha said...

Love it!

SAFEST said...

B2B Directory for

replica

exporters

importers

dropshippers

online supplier

china

chinese

wholesale

wholesale product

wholesale trade

china wholesale